Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Coconut Cranberry Oat Bread

Here's another recipe inspired by the holidays! My favorite kind of holiday cookie is a classic oat cookie with cranberries and white chocolate chips. I came up with this recipe yesterday by adding ingredients as I went along, and the final result was a huge hit! The beauty of this recipe is that it can be easily turned into a delightful gift. Have you heard of King Arthur Flour Bake and Give Pans? I sure have, and I love using them! Aside from being convenient, you won't have to worry about your pan returning. Click here to see a full selection of pans and supplies! 

Ingredients

2 Large Eggs
1 ¼ Cup Water
1 ½ Tablespoon Vinegar
¼ Cup Butter (Softened)
¼ Cup Walnuts
¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
½ Cup Shredded Coconut (Sweetened)
½ Cup Dried Cranberries
½ Cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats

Preparation

In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, vinegar, and butter. Mix thoroughly and add mix as well as yeast package included in the box. Stir and add walnuts, sugar, coconut, cranberries, and oats. Pour batter into bread pan of your choice. Smooth top and let stand for 50 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 40-50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

P.S. What's your favorite holiday bread recipe?

- Janice

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Combining several of my favorite things: oats, cranberries, coconut and nuts (although I tend to lean towards pecans)! I am always a sucker for any bread that contains cranberries during the holidays

    ReplyDelete