Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pressed Sugar Cookies

It is finally December, my favorite month of the year! Over the last two weeks, I have managed to finish up all my school work. With only one course left for the semester (which ends in March), I can happily take some time off to enjoy with my family this holiday season. We finished putting up Christmas decorations this weekend, indoor decorations that is. There are still some lights we plan on putting up here and there, and I'm thinking we will be doing that this coming weekend. 

So anyway, I also finished working on some assignments for Delight. Speaking of, if you are interested in subscribing to the magazine (and you should)... click here! I asked you guys on Facebook about what recipes you would like to see on my blog during December. My first reply was... sugar cookies! With that said, I decided to take one of my favorite recipes from my cookbook and share it with you! In addition to being gluten-free, this recipe is also dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free and nut-free! There are two ways of making these cookies. The original recipe is meant to be made with the help of a cookie press, but you can certainly make these delicious cookies without it! Enjoy...

Ingredients

½ Cup Butter (Melted)
¼ Cup Dairy-Free Vanilla Milk
2 ½ Teaspoons Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract

Preparation

Preheat oven at 325°F. Combine ingredients in a bowl. Place dough inside cookie press. Using your shape of preference, press cookies onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle decorating sugars. Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until slightly golden.

P.S. Looking for more holiday recipes? Check out Sweets & Treats: A Gluten-Free Guide to the Holidays! Click here to see...

- Janice

6 comments:

  1. Simple, yet amazing! I'm a huge fan of sugar cookies, so I will be giving these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look perfect :) You can tell just by the picture that they have a lovely texture. I haven't made sugar cookies yet, but I definitely want to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! These are perfect, yummy, gorgeous little sugar cookies :) I want some!

    Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies look delicious - and I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete