Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cherry Pecan Coffee Cake

Happy Holidays! I finally finished decorating for Christmas and shopping for gifts. With that said, I had a little bit of free time yesterday and I decided to work on some recipes. My family loves having warm coffee in the morning during this time of year, especially if it's accompanied with something extra. From bagels to coffee cake, it's always a treat! Here's a delicious recipe for coffee cake...

Ingredients

2 Large Eggs
6 Tablespoons Butter (Softened)
1 ½ Cup Dried Cherries
¾ Cup Milk
¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
¼ Cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ Packed Brown Sugar

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease pan (square or round) and set aside. In a large bowl, combine mix, eggs, butter, cherries, and milk. Mix thoroughly and pour into pan. Smooth top and sprinkle pecans, oats, and sugar. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

P.S. What's your favorite coffee cake recipe?

- Janice

2 comments:

  1. I love cherry cake. My grandmother makes it for either Thanksgiving or Christmas ... now I'm excited to see her for Christmas :)

    Love this gf version!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee cake!! I can't wait to make this! :)

    ReplyDelete