Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Now Officially Official...



Hello world! I hope everyone is having an awesome week! I'm really excited to properly announce that the digital version of my cookbook with be released on Monday, October 31st, 2011. Once Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas is only a block away! Christmas is my favorite time of year, which is why I decided to make my first cookbook all about the holidays. I'm particularly looking forward to spending more time with my family this year. Everyone has been so busy doing their own thing and we haven't really had time to enjoy "the sweetness of doing nothing" together. What are you looking forward to? I bet all of you have something wonderful planned out, and I'm curious to see what my fellow foodie friends have in store!

I guess here's where I'm supposed to talk about my book. After all, that's what this post is about, right? The question is, where to begin? I think it would be appropriate to go back to where it all started... I began blogging about the 'this and thats' of gluten-free living during the summer, and I immediately discovered my passions: gluten-free living and photography. Before that I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, but now I have a clearer picture. As time went by, I realized I wanted to do something special for the holidays, something I could use as a mean of passing years of holiday get-togethers and traditions from my home to yours. That's how the idea for this cookbook emerged. Sweets & Treats: A Gluten-Free Guide to the Holidays includes 25 delightful recipes that are free of gluten, dairy, peanuts, and eggs. The cookbook is also vegan-friendly for those of you who like to indulge every once in a while. All in all, the recipes are delicious, and each is made with a fun twist! It has been two crazy months of research, testing, writing, and living. I have enjoyed each and every minute of it, and I truly hope you will enjoy the product that came from this creative process. 

Oh, before I forget... Paperback editions of Sweets & Treats: A Gluten-Free Guide to the Holidays will be available on Thursday, November 24, 2011. Thanksgiving Day is a great day to start shopping for Christmas presents, and this cookbook is the perfect gift for anyone living allergy-free! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congratulations on your book!! How very exciting! I know you are just giddy right now and I'm sure a LOT of hard work (and love) went into it! :) AWESOME!
    PS I'm having my first ever giveaway today. Come check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment! Congratulations on seeing your dream through. :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I look forward to checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the imminent publication of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! and I'm right there with you. I started blogging because I needed a creative outlet and do all of the things I love (but have no time to do). It's so great that you are getting the chance to do a cookbook. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very exciting, and looks great. You should have a sign up to be notified when the paperback edition comes out (I don't want to forget :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks very professionally done and the cover photograph is beautiful. What type of camera do you use? I plan to publish my own book next year and hope it is as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete