Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Teriyaki Ginger Meatballs

Happy Wednesday! This is probably one of my favorite days of the week. Why? Simply because it's right between a weekend and the next. Today, I received great news! I got my first assignment from Delight Magazine. I can't tell you any details, but I will say that I'm really excited. To celebrate, I made a delicious gluten-free dinner for my family (and myself of course). Earlier this week, I saw a tutorial on making sushi rice balls. What better side to pair these meatballs with, right? Here's the recipe...

Ingredients

 2 Cups Lundberg California Sushi Rice
 3 Cups Water
½ Teaspoon Salt

 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
 2 Tablespoons Honey
 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger

Preparation

Rinse rice until water is clear. Bring rice and water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add salt, stir, cover saucepan, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place vegetable oil, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic powder, and ginger in a food processor. Coat a skillet with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place half of the mixture into the skillet along with the meatballs on medium/low heat. Saute until brown and add remaining mixture. Allow the meatballs to absorb the juices. Set aside and prepare rice balls (click here for the tutorial). Serve... Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Amazingly looking meat balls, looks really delicious. Now to grab my bowl of rice and enjoy your meat balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look so delicious, I just love your recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love meatballs in any shape or form! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These meatballs look tasty! I love teriyaki flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so amazing! I would love to have a bowl of them right here by my computer!

    ReplyDelete