Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake


Alright, so here is the recipe for the cheesecake I promised earlier. It has a very light pumpkin taste that just seems to make you want more. I have never made pumpkin recipes using ginger before, but it really gave the cheesecake a flavorful twist. I drizzled a little honey on my plate and added some crushed pumpkin seeds to add even more flavor, but that is completely optional. Hope you enjoy this seasonal treat as much as I did!

Ingredients

 8 Apple Cinnamon Mini Doughnuts (No Glaze)
 1 Tablespoon Honey
 1 Large Egg

 8 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (Softened)
⅓ Cup Stevia
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
 1 Teaspoon Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract

Preparation

Place mini doughnuts in a food processor. Add egg and keep blending for a minute. Divide crust into two ramekins or custard cups. Place all remaining ingredients in a food processor until mixed thoroughly. Divide mixture into the ramekins or custard cups. Prepare a water bath and place in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until ready to serve... Enjoy!

Makes 2 Individual Cheesecakes

Note: If wanting to use sugar, simply substitute stevia for regular sugar.

9 comments:

  1. I love that cin-apple layer. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is great! I love that you used donuts for your bottom crust/layer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really awesome. I love that it's gluten-free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use your doughnuts in this! It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and looks absolutely delicious! I'm loving all these pumpkin recipes, greatest time of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flavours and this looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I would absolutely love this, Fall always brings out the best desserts. :)

    ReplyDelete