Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Poached Egg on an English Muffin


A reader asked me to do a post on poached eggs, and here it is! It's not as difficult as it sounds, but you have to follow certain guidelines in order to do it correctly...

Ingredients:

1 Gluten Free English Muffin (or Toast)
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar

Preparation:

Have English muffin or toast ready. Heat water in a deep saucepan but don't let it boil. If water begins to boil, reduce heat and wait a few minutes to lower water temperature. Add vinegar and use a spoon to create a swirl in the water. Crack an egg in the middle of that swirl, turning off the heat and covering the saucepan for approximately 3 minutes. Remove egg from saucepan and place it on top of an English muffin or toast... Enjoy!

Note: The egg may stick to the bottom of the saucepan if it's not deep enough. You may want to lightly coat it with cooking spray or butter (optional). Also, using vinegar is up to you. Vinegar only helps with the process.

2 comments:

  1. I have never poached an egg before. I think my husband would think this is a great quick breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time poaching an egg and I had no idea how it would turn out, but it was easier than I thought. It really is great for a quick breakfast.

    ReplyDelete